Tuesday 3 March 2009

8 Bit Music

If you recall back in one of my topic about the documentary about 8 bit culture. Anyway as I watched 8 Bit: A Documentary About Art And Videogames, there is a topic on how artist would use 8 bit game to create music.
How it works?
Well they connect an old 8 bit console such as the gameboy to recreate the midi file sound.

The band I would like to say is a UK band called Anamanaguchi.

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/anamanaguchi


I heard their mini album called Power Supply and it doesn't sound as annoying as I thought. It was actually quite cool to listen, basically they plug their instruments to an 8 bit console and program them to sound like a midi sound.

Check out their live:

So hopefully my film have that kind of sound. I will be working with Tao Lin who I worked with before in my Rehash - ReSketch video:

No comments:

Post a Comment