Thursday 26 February 2009

Video game movies

It comes to my attention that all video game based films sucks, I think the reason is that the audience has expection to meet it's standard. You can check out the list here.
I've been reading some Internet article: When A Video Game Movie Isn’t. It comes to my attention that there is a fair share of flicks that feature everything from gimmicky camera styles to plotlines.

The Shining Computer Game (1982)


"The poorly pitched Shining computer game from 1982. This family party game was released for the holiday season on the Atari 2600, but failed to sell due to scenes of gratuitous violence and a nausa inducing atmosphere. Within half an hour of playing, children were reported to start shaking and hallucinating. Talk of the game being re-released on the 3DO system never came to fruitition. However, Stanley Kubrick was said to be a great fan of the title and held the high score for level 6 (the infamous axe/door speed test) for 5 years. this footage was recovered from an old Betamax tape I purchased from a car boot sale."

Now that I looked at this video pitch for the game, it looks quite contemporary 8 bit. But other then that I would love to see it made now with all the technology we have.

And don't forget about my previous post about the Dark knight:

No comments:

Post a Comment